Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Barely Breathing


Barely Breathing (The Breathing Series 2) by Rebecca Donovan


*this is a review for the second book in the series so it might have spoilers for the first.*


Emma’s struggle with an abusive home life came to a heart pounding conclusion in the final chapters of Reason to Breathe. Now everyone in Weslyn knows Emma’s secret, but Carol can’t hurt Emma anymore. Some are still haunted by the horror of that night, and some must face the repercussions of their choices. Fans of Rebecca Donovan’s debut novel will discover there’s still much to learn about Emma’s life.




You have no idea how much I've wanted to read this book since I finished the first one. 
The ending of Reason to Breathe was perfect, and yet it left me screaming for more.


After her aunt tried to kill her, Emma has a new begging. But her life is farfrom being perfect.
Emma's biological mother is back and they try to get to know each other again, but Rachel, Emma's mother, hasn't change that much. And Emma is still trying to come to terms with what happened before.


I love how Emma grows in this book. She's trying to learn to live again, trying to forget the horror she went through while living her aunt and uncle. And at the same time, she's still trapped in the past. 
In this book Emma goes throgh a lot of changes, she makes a lot of mistakes in the way and her choices, while not always right, make so much more human to me. 
I think Emma is one of my favourite characters, because of her flaws, her fears and her strenghs.


Evan is back, and gosh I fell in love with him all over again. Evan is always the supportive, sweet, caring boyfriend. But hwe also see a side of him that tries to protecs his feelings as well as Emma. We seehow much it hurts him when she's hurt. 
Yeah, he makes you melt from page one.


Sara is back too, with all her happiness, her protectiveness and that Sara attitude I love so much in the first book. 


There are some new characters, we see more of Sara and Evan's parents. There's a new girl in town and there's one character in particular that you'll love or hate. Or in my case, you'll love to hate and hate to love.


Jonathan is sexy. He's the guy mothers tell you to stay away and girl swoon over. He's dark, mysterious, fun and dangerous. 
Jonathan and Emma share a connection since the day they meet, and from there things get only more and more complicated.
From what I read, some people hate him... Others like him better. What I can tell you is that Rebecca has dome an amazing job with this character. He's complex, he has secrets and he has the potencial of making you love him, and again hate him.
The mind of this character had me from the begining , and I'd love to see more of him.


The ending....
Well, lets say it didn't dissapoint. 
As the first one, the ending was the perfect one for the story, honestly it fits perfect with the story.
Doesn't make it easier. 


This book is an emotional roller coaster. I was in the edge of mi sit all the way through it and afterwards I just couldn't sleep. Right now, June can't get here soon enough so I can read the third and final book of this series!

1 comment:

  1. I bought Barely Breathing as soon as I finished Breathe...the storyline was always interesting, not knowing what would happen next. I tell all of my friends about this book....

    Micky Johnson (Search Engine Optimization Companies Seattle)

    ReplyDelete